Monday, July 11, 2011

Project Sneak Peek


If you haven't noticed, I LOVE vintage design!!!
This project is actually the best of two worlds, it is brand new construction (by an outstanding home builder, Shelly Home Company, that I've been working with on several custom projects) but it looks like an old home. I love that! All of the modern conveniences, with everything new and working well, but with the image that it has been there for years and years. For the kitchen above, I specified honed cararra countertops and simple but classic beveled subway tiles.
This house is so charming. The architecture of this home is done in the Arts & Crafts style...but NOT in a kitschy, too many Tiffany light fixtures and Stickley knock-offs sort of way. The bright, airy colors give the craftsman style a fresh look that isn't generally characteristic of the aesthetic.
The above detail is an inset v-groove ceiling in the entry with one of my favorite bell jars.
Utility below. I love vintage schoolhouse pendants. I think I use a version of one in almost every project!

This is the son's bath. I love the vintage pinwheel tile! You will see versions of this pop up from time to time in my projects as well. In fact, I used it in another boys bath in my Austin project (I just got final photos of that project and I'll be showing it to you soon).
Don't you just love the cool doors that we selected?!

I used a gray limestone for the son's countertop. It is masculine and sleek and we love it!

This is the daughter's bath (below) and is one of my favorites! The Calacatta slab that we selected for her makes me want to hang out in here and pet the countertops :-) Isn't it a gorgeous piece with that beautiful vein running through it?!!

For the master bath, we opted for more gorgeous slabs of cararra and a vintage octagon and dot floor (another personal favorite!).

The watercloset.

We are loving how my fireplace design turned out. This fireplace drawing is a little glimpse into the technical side of my job. This is part of the CAD drawings that I provide for the cabinet maker.

Didn't he do a beautiful job realizing our vision?!
More gorgeous cararra on the surround.

We'll be installing furniture, drapes, etc. soon...
I hope you're having a great start to the week!

6 comments:

abby said...

I love reading your blog. I have to say I've never thought about petting a countertop but I will now:)

Maria@Live Beautifully said...

Haha, thank Abby :-) and thanks for reading!

Susan Jabaley said...

I know you probably cant tell me where to find the bell pendant but any suggestions on where to find something similar? LOVE IT!

Susan said...

I know you probably cant tell me where to find the bell pendant but any suggestions on where to find something similar? LOVE IT!

Maria@Live Beautifully said...

Susan,
If you are interested in that particular fixture you can purchase it through me. Just email me and I'll send you the pricing info.
Thanks for reading :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.